On Jan 7, 1:52
> Larz wrote:
> > Perl is old and provided much of the
> > inspiration for Ruby.

> to be around and popular (and well used), as is Perl.
> the inspiration for PHP (being embedding Perl code in a web page, is
> how PHP came about).
> you to know Ruby, or RoR, or C, or C++, or Java, or Perl, or VB, or
> Python, or something completely different.  §
> suggesting "Perl is old, so it's not popular" or something, but I've
> seen people suggest that, which isn't the case.
> --

  There are some perl modules around that maybe do some things ruby
doesn't do, but Ruby is a dynamic language like Perl. C, C++ are
compiled and usefull for embedded dev and many other things ..

 There's always many jobs in older technology for a long time until it
fades away eventually the way of fortran etc. The efficiency factor
may be unsatisfactory ..