On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 01:27:14AM +0900, Rich Kilmer wrote:
> Also, I was thinking about the issue of the template file (like kilmer.rb)
> containing encoded files that are needed for a template that could be
> extracted, and stored in the output directory.  Something like this:
>
> FILE_1 = "cool_logo.gif"
> FILE_1_TYPE = "base64"
> FILE_1_CONTENT = %{
> ...data...
> }
>
> FILE_2 = "blank_red.html"
> FILE_2_TYPE = "text"
> FILE_2_CONTENT = %{
> <HTML><BODY BGCOLOR="#aa8888"></BODY></HTML>
> }
>
> That way everything you need is in that one file.  You could just iterate
> over the constants and look for FILE_xx.  We could write a little utility to
> build the FILE_xx pieces from a list of files.  Something like:
>
> rdoc --encode-files "cool_logo.gif" "blank_red.html"

Yes, that would rock.
BTW, when I incorrectly put arguments in like '-template kilmer'
rdoc prints the message

Generating HTML...

and quietly quits, generating no output or error messages.
I assume it is trying to generate docs for the -template file?
Also, on Sun with 1.6.6 the --diagram option hangs rdoc.

Jim