Larz wrote:

> Perl is old and provided much of the
> inspiration for Ruby.

to be around and popular (and well used), as is Perl.  Perl provided
the inspiration for PHP (being embedding Perl code in a web page, is
how PHP came about).  It is really hit and miss, some jobs might want
you to know Ruby, or RoR, or C, or C++, or Java, or Perl, or VB, or
Python, or something completely different.  I'm not saying you're
suggesting "Perl is old, so it's not popular" or something, but I've
seen people suggest that, which isn't the case.
and Custom Hosting.  24/7 support, 30 day guarantee, secure servers.