On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Tiago Nogueira <tjnogueira / oomaster.com> wrote:

> Ok. I'm here waiting for instructions sir :-)

If you are serious...

Basically:

1. Create a Ruby clone of Trac (http://trac.edgewall.org/)
1.1. Make it easy to support multiple independent projects.
1.2. Don't waste time supporting SVN, go for Git from the start

By this point you have an issue tracker (which doubles as a project
manager tool) and a wiki, both hooked up to a RCS, which provides
source browsing.  Look at Basecamp for inspiration.

2. Integrate this with a documentation browsing tool.
3. Add some sort of peer review system.

By this point you've got something akin to CPAN.

4. Add mailing list / forum support.

By this point, you are 90% done, I'd say.

Very roughly, that's about it,

Marcelo