On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby / zenspider.com> wrote:
> I just released version 1.0.2 of the rubyforge command line client. It
> sucks. We could do a lot better. In particular, we really need a real API
> for rubyforge, not a web scraper. It is too error prone.
>
> It would need to support everything the current command line client supports
> (basically: login, logout, add group, add package, add release + some
> project data gathering) and conform to gforge's schema.
>
> Is anyone up for the task?

Though we haven't really advertised it yet, the source for RubyForge
itself (which is indeed almost entirely GForge) is now up on
RubyForge:

http://support.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/support/gforge402/

This might help those interested in integrating such a feature.

-greg

--
Technical Blaag at: http://blog.majesticseacreature.com
 Non-tech stuff at: http://metametta.blogspot.com