Hello.

I'm an undergraduate in Japan and wrote the draft of Itemfactory#create_item
 and Itemfactory#create_items in C(unskillfully).

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:51:41 +0900
Markus Jais <info / mjais.de> wrote:

> do you know why the order of the arguments in "items" is
> different than in C or PyGtk???

For both functions;
In C   : path, accel, callback,  callback_action, item_type
In Ruby: path, accel, item_type, callback,        callback_action

It is for default expression why I took this order.
So we can abbreviate this method.

You don't need callback when you use create_item for BRANCH item.
In the face of this, on the present mounting:
  itemfactory.create_item("/_Top", "<ctrl>t", BRANCH)
if in the same order as C
  itemfactory.create_item("/_Top", "<ctrl>t", nil, nil, BRANCH)

As for automation of coding Ruby-GNOME, I don't know.
Perhaps the latter order is suitable for the automation and the people
 concerned.

Yours,
--
dellin  Email dellin / team-ct.org