------art_158855_7438943.1230672378842

While a python2ruby tutorial is not a bad idea, If you want to understand
ruby you have to learn to think like ruby,
and starting to learn ruby by comparison, specially to a very different
language, would be backward thinking a little.

I would recommend you start with pure ruby tutorial:
http://tryruby.hobix.com/
http://poignantguide.net/ruby/

if you like the language and want to learn it,
go for the pickaxe book:
http://www.pragprog.com/titles/ruby/programming-ruby