Tom Cloyd wrote:
> Joel VanderWerf wrote:
>> Tom Cloyd wrote:

>> You may find concept analysis interesting, too:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_concept_analysis

While you guys are contemplating this stuff, you might like to think about
playing with my ActiveFacts gem, recently released in stealth mode (only
some functionality is present). "gem install activefacts", and read more
at <http://dataconstellation.com/ActiveFacts>.

Fact-oriented (or semantic) modeling, has been around for decades, and there
have been interesting GUI tools for it also - but until now, no textual
modeling language. That's the gap the ActiveFact's CQL language seeks to
fill, in addition to becoming a viable replacement for SQL, as presented
recently at OSDC.

ActiveFacts also contains a cute Ruby API for representing data and models
in this form.

More (much more) to follow...

Clifford Heath, Data Constellation.