Tobias Reif <tobiasreif / pinkjuice.com> writes:

> Dave Thomas wrote:
>
> > The higher level the language (the theory goes), the fewer
> > barriers there are to communication.
>
> XSLT is very high level. Like any other language, one has to become
> familiar with it first.

Well, I've written some XSLT (a quick find|wc shows 5452 lines of it in
my currently checked-out source tree). It is high level. But it
communicates badly. That's why I said "the theory goes". Communication
is important. The decision to base XSLT on XML is (in my opinion)
flawed, as it places convenience for the implementors over usability
for the users.

However, I suspect we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

Cheers

Dave