On 2008-12-20, Philip Pratt <pratstercs / hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a  complete novice  to Ruby, but  I would  like to write  an FTP
> server to  collect the files  from my computer  (internet connected)
> and copy  them to  my server  nightly. My server  is a  Ubuntu Linux
> setup with FTP and blah. Please help me with this?

Do  you need  to  do any  programming  at all?   The  NcFTP client  at
http://www.ncftp.com/ncftp/ can  recursively download directories from
an FTP server to the local machine.  I have used it to do that myself.
Is that not enough?  Not that  I want to put you off Ruby programming,
but it doesn't seem necessary in this case.

Regards,

Jeremy Henty