Hi,

Thank you for the guidance. Now my ignorance is going to show. I couldn't
make the change to the racc file because I  couldn't find the string in the
file. There was no reference in racc to "architecture" or "i686."  I must be
missing something. Here is all that I could find which included "path"
=====================
Racc_Options = <<S

o -g --debug            - output parser for user level debugging
o -o --output-file <outfile>  file name of output [<fname>.tab.rb]
o -e --executable <rubypath>  insert #! line in output ('ruby' to default)

  RUBY_PATH = ::Config::CONFIG['bindir'] + '/' +
              ::Config::CONFIG['ruby_install_name']

  def executable( path )
    @f.print "#!#{path == 'ruby' ? RUBY_PATH : path}\n\n"
  end

Unable to execute step #1, I moved on to attempt step #2.  Nothing
happened - should there have been some kind of result?

felix# ruby test.rb
felix#

If it would help I can provide the complete racc file as it is here.

Craig

news:20020123122737E.aamine / mx.edit.ne.jp...