Jim Menard wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Charles Oliver Nutter
> <charles.nutter / sun.com> wrote:
>
>> I hope we can help you upgrade to JRuby 1.1.6 :) Much faster for many cases,
>> and some key leaks have been resolved.
>
> Thanks. I briefly tried upgrading to JRuby 1.1.5, but ran across some
> nasty JRuby bugs that weren't scheduled to be fixed until 1.1.6.
>
> Also, the Java interfaces to core classes are different enough that
> I'm going to have to be careful. Some of my core classes inherit from
> RubyArray and RubyHash.

We have hopefully not broken any methods on RubyArray or RubyHash that
you're using; let us know if we have. Our intention has always been to
keep methods available until we deprecate them for several revisions,
though we occasionally slip up.

I think the performance improvements and bug fixes alone will be worth
making the move at any rate.

- Chrlie