Could someone help me with this little problem?

I have a file called fruit2.rb which contains:

class Fruit2
  def taste
    "sweet"

I want to use this class in a different file called fruit1.rb which
contains:

require "fruit2"
class Fruit1
  def color
    "red"

apple = Fruit1.new
p apple.color
apple = Fruit2.new
p apple.taste

I know the way I'm creating my apple object is wrong because I
over-wrote apple when I assigned Fruit2.new. What I want to do is have a
way to call attributes of a single object from different files. In my
application, I have so many methods, I want them in different files, but
want to use them on a single object. Is there an easy way to do this?
--thank you!