On 9 Jun 2000, Dave Thomas wrote:

> Have a look at some of the library code. If you feel it's readable,
> then copy its style ;-)
>
> I personally use the One True Editor, and Ruby comes with an emacs
> mode that lays things out the way _I_ like out of the box (except:
> Matz- that last 'do' change means iterators no longer lay out
> properly)

Thanks for your tips; for syntax-related stuff emacs and the style used in
the library code is nice.

Any ideas on higher-level things such as:
* Division of modules/classes into files
* Packaging modules and classes together
* Commenting (Are there several formats out there? Two tools in RAA)
* etc

I'm a recent Ruby-convert and would like to decide upon some simple coding
standard type-of rules up front!

Regards,

Robert

BTW: Congratulations to your great book "Pragmatic Programmer". I've been
teaching a process-oriented SE course for some years and been looking for
a complementary and hands-on book with lots of practical advice; your book
seems to be spot on! Hope to include it in next years course.

Any news on your Ruby book? When can we expect it?