Phil Tomson wrote:

> If there were to be three different mailing lists as you suggest, it would
> probably be best if they were all three mirrored at comp.lang.ruby.
>
> Phil

Woch in turn would lead to a discussion about splitting up the news group
(c.l.ruby), which is what I'm reading BTW. Unfortunately in case everything
is mirrored to c.l.ruby, splitting it up wouldn't help to keep the traffic
on the news below a certain level...

BTW, the traffic on comp.lang.ruby has reached a high level, too.

Now what I think needs to be though about:

* How do we like the mailing list and/or news group to be divided up

* How will/can the mirroring be done reasonably (eg. we certainly do not
want everything to be mirrored to erverything else).

* How do we manage the discussion

Anyway, I just added:

    http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?DiscussionOnRubyGroupsAndLists

to keep the traffic in the ML and NG (and put some initial information
there)

Happy rubying

Stephan