>> require "interbase"
>> conn = InterBase::connect('/ibase/employee.gdb', 'sysdba', 'masterkey')
>> cursor = conn.execute('select * from employee')
>> cursor.each do |record|
>> # do something with the record

J> All right. Now I have all the records with all their fields value. How to split them?I
J> know, I have to learn Ruby before.

 Not exactly, when you write :

 cursor.each do |record|
    # here record is an array which contains all fields value for the
    # current record, i.e. you don't need to split them
    #
    # record[0] is the first field, for the current record
    # record[1] is the second field, for the current record
    # etc
  end

 If you want to have *all* the records with all their fields you write

 all_records = cursor.fetchall

 then

  all_records[0] is the first record, i.e. an array with the fields values
  all_records[1] is the second record, i.e. an array with the fields values
  etc

Guy Decoux