Scott Peterson wrote:
> Yossef Mendelssohn wrote:
>> On Dec 8, 3:31?pm, Scott Peterson <s... / mho.com> wrote:
>>> If I run the model as is, the save goes through, but none of the fields
>>> except hashed_password get saved. ?Or, another way to put it is, the
>>> *only* field that gets saved is the one I set manually in the
>>> before_create handler.
>
> Thanks for the response.  I guess there's a lot I don't understand.
>
>> 1. This is a Rails question, not a Ruby question.
>
> I thought that Ruby was the language in which all the controllers,
> models, and views were written.  If I've generated a scaffold and only
> changed the model file, it seems like that's where I've introduced the
> bug(?)

You're correct. However, Ruby is a general-purpose programming language
used for many things besides Rails. This list is generally frequented by
Ruby users of all stripes and, while there may be a few Rails users
around, you will have more luck getting an answer to your question in
the Rails forum.

See http://www.rubyonrails.com/community

Good luck!

--