Tim Greer <tim / burlyhost.com> writes:

> Jon Stenqvist wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking for a javascript book, in the same quality as dave thomas
>> programming ruby.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jon
>
> Probably something by O'Reilly is a good bet, or Addison Wesley, or P.H.
>
> For the best answers, comp.lang.javascript is that way ->

Yeah, but don't be surprised if the answer on comp.lang.javascript is
"all JavaScript books suck" or something to that effect.

Asking about JavaScript books on comp.lang.javascript isn't that bad,
but make sure you don't ask them about JavaScript frameworks such as
jQuery, Prototype, etc. :)

I've found the "Rhino" book "JavaScript the Definititve Guide" to be
ok, and Douglas Crockford has one out that I haven't read, but I
expect would be pretty good.

--
Brian Adkins
http://www.lojic.com/