J> Now, how to get the output of the query?

 Well, I know nothing about interbase, but look at the file README. You
have the different classes and the methods associated.

 For example, you have :

execute(sql[,arg...])
	sql <String>		SQL statement
	arg <any>		Argument to the above SQL statement

      Returns a newly created cursor object on success; nil on failure.

    <ex.>
        conn.execute('select * from table1 where field1=?', 10)
        conn.execute('select * from table1 where field1=? and field2=?', 10, 'text1')
        conn.execute('insert into table1(field1, field2) values(?, ?)', 10, 'text1')

 Because it return a cursor, you can use the methods defined for the class
Interbase::Cursor, like for example :

each{|record|...}

   Iterates over each row of a query result.

 This mean that you can write something like this :

    require "interbase"
    conn = InterBase::connect('/ibase/employee.gdb', 'sysdba', 'masterkey')
    cursor = conn.execute('select * from employee')
    cursor.each do |record|
      # do something with the record
    end
    cursor.close