David A. Black wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Vito Fontaine wrote:
>
>> I do not see the need for JRuby, unless people just want to abandon
>> Ruby and program Java programs for the point being.
>
> You seem to think that JRuby is some kind of Ruby-killer. It isn't;
> it's a Ruby implementation. Among many other things, it raises the
> likelihood of Ruby being seriously considered in organizations where
> Java is firmly entrenched.
>
> Please have a look at the available information on the history and
> goals of the project.
>

> David

Perhaps, you guys are right about JRuby. I haven't indulged myself in
its writing yet. However, I still think despite it using the JVM, it
isn't necessary. I do think it was a great idea to create JRuby though.
This might sound hypocritical of me, but what I was also getting at was
what if Ruby had its own updated VM, different from what it already has?
That is what I was getting at. I agree and know what JRuby is, but it
kind of implements the focus on the JVM instead of Ruby's own RVM, I at
least think. Again, I love all the foundations and modernizations of
Ruby. I have great respect for JRuby. Next, time I will speak
accordingly concise. Instead, I will start the project myself on my own
time, then I will ask for everyone's advocacy later. This way you guys
will see what I am going after. I have been telling you guys only part
of what I want to do with Ruby, yet it is to making it simple and true
to Ruby's programming, as well as expanding on the platform. I haven't
been working with Ruby that long but understand it. With that said, I am
working to raise funding for the project. I will be back later with an
e-Book on what I look forward to do with this Ruby project. It will take
a whole e-Book to outline the project, and will take lots of programmers
help as well.

:adios: