On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Vito Fontaine wrote:

> I do not see the need for JRuby, unless people just want to abandon
> Ruby and program Java programs for the point being.

You seem to think that JRuby is some kind of Ruby-killer. It isn't;
it's a Ruby implementation. Among many other things, it raises the
likelihood of Ruby being seriously considered in organizations where
Java is firmly entrenched.

Please have a look at the available information on the history and
goals of the project.

David

INTRO TO RAILS (Jan 12-15), Fort Lauderdale, FL
See http://www.rubypal.com for details