Richard Conroy wrote:
> I am just curious, but couldn't you also have a JRuby script construct
> and execute
> your application's mainline? Or duplicate the behaviour of the
> mainline in some way.
>
> That way you can extend Java functionality with Ruby, because you have wrapped
> your entire app up in Ruby to begin with.
>
> I have to admit that this is something I have been thinking about for
> a while, if only
> to gain access to easy JIRB debugging.

Yup, ought to work just fine. I suppose it only depends on whether you
control the entry point or not. If you're adding Ruby to an existing
Java application, you don't necessarily have that option. But writing it
in Ruby to start, just calling out to Java as needed, is certainly a
simpler way.

- Charlie