In article <a2n0ve$dqt / ftp.ee.vill.edu>, "Phil Tomson"
<ptkwt / shell1.aracnet.com> wrote:

> In article <a2lqdl$foo / ftp.ee.vill.edu>, Tobias DiPasquale
> <anany / ece.villanova.edu> wrote:
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I'd like to bring up a point here on the list that maybe some of you
>>other Ruby-ites out there have thought of as well. I think it's time for
>>seperate lists in the Ruby community. I left it go without reading any
>>messages today, and I received 115 messages on this list alone. That's
>>three times what I got from all other mail/news sources combined.
>>
>>Perhaps ruby-talk could be broken up into ruby-dev, ruby-newbie and
>>ruby-misc, or something similar. People could still subsribe to all the
>>lists if they wanted, but the deluge of messages might be lessened by
>>breaking up the list into logical partitions.
>>
>>I don't mean to complain, but 115 messages is a lot to read every day,
>>and I have other things to do, as I'm sure many of you other subscribers
>>do, too. If I am out of line, please just say so, and you'll never hear
>>another peep from me again about it. But I really think that a lot of
>>people could benefit from breaking the list up.
>>
>>What do you all think?
>
> You could read the comp.lang.ruby newsgroup instead of subscribing to
> the ml - that's what I do, I'd get way too much email otherwise.  The
> mailing list gets 'mirrored' there.
>
> If there were to be three different mailing lists as you suggest, it
> would probably be best if they were all three mirrored at
> comp.lang.ruby.
>
> Phil

It's funny that you mention that, because that's exactly what I do. I
subscribed to the mailing list, and then gateway'd it to our news server.
It's now vill.ruby-talk. But thanks anyway! :)

--
<< T o b i a s   D i P a s q u a l e >>
anany / ece.villanova.edu | tdipas01 / villanova.edu | toby / khenry.com

"Bill Gates comes to visit SoftImage and during an employee Q/A someone asks
'Since the Internet is all about free software, how come Microsoft is still
charging for it?'"
 -- Adam Barr,
    __Proudly Serving My Corporate Masters__