On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 9:26 AM, Joe W=F6lfel <joe / talkhouse.com> wrote:
> On 4 d=E9c. 08, at 09:26, Thomas Enebo wrote:
>>
>> - Run gems out of jar files without having to unpack them.
>> - Store gem repositories in jars and load them via the classpath.
>
> The ability to run gems & gem repositories out of jar files sounds really
> useful.  Is that documented anywhere?  Do you just put the gems/repositor=
ies
> anywhere in the jar?

Not documented yet, sorry. I plan to write up a quick blog post about
it around the time that 1.1.6 comes out. Basically, the process is
shown in action here:

http://gist.github.com/23085

Basically, the root of a gem repository jar file should contain the
"gems" and "specifications" directories and their contents.

Feel free to ask questions.

/Nick