--4ZLFUWh1odzi/v6L

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 04:04:28AM +0900, ZippySwish wrote:
> Well, telnet can't get a connection for some reason, but what I mean
> by "nothing's happening" is I put
>=20
> http://www.myhost.com/cgi-bin/script.rb
>=20
> and get a nothing but white space in return.
>=20
> The file is set to executable.
>=20
> I emailed my provider but it may be a while before I get an answer.

Are you sure the hosting provider actually allows telnet connections?

You probably shouldn't use telnet anyway -- try SSH instead.  My first
rule when looking at shared hosting providers is that I won't use one
that doesn't allow me encrypted remote access.  Since telnet isn't
encrypted, a man-in-the-middle attack (among other means) can be used to
intercept your username and password when you try to log in via telnet.

--=20
Chad Perrin [ content licensed PDL: http://pdl.apotheon.org ]
Quoth Albert Camus: "An intellectual is someone whose mind watches
itself."

--4ZLFUWh1odzi/v6L