Holub does have a point about Java RAD tools being of limited usefulness
because they overwrite code. I think part of the problem is that Java
provides no support for RAD tools.

So why not provide a couple of identifiers, which could be put in a module
so that those who wish to could ignore them, that are no ops to the
interpreter but serve as hints to RAD tools. I'm thinking along the lines of
'outlet' and 'action', to be used like:

def someMethod(args) action
And
@someWidget outlet = ...

The notion here is that RAD tools could include a simple parser that could
determine where the programmer wants a reference to tool generated widget
objects and where the widget should send messages.

I stole this idea from Cocoa. No invention here.
--
Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers.
-Mignon McLaughlin, author