> From: Chad Perrin <per... / apotheon.com>
>
> > Probably even easier to learn and implement: tk
>
> Please teach me about the features.
> I want to add the features to Ruby/Tk, if I can.

- make Tk easily available in any standard Ruby distribution:
  e.g. allow to compil Ruby with Tk if the Tcl/Tk sources are in
  the Ruby sources (possibly by prefixing tcl/tk generated lib for
  ruby distribution)

- make Tk available to Jruby :
  - either by using ffi (if i did well understood the ffi's
feature ;-)
  - or via the swank full Tk emulation in java ?
    (http://kenai.com/projects/swank/pages/Home)

Tk and Swing are two multiplateform Gui toolkit.
It would be nice if Tk could be used in the Java world, and
if Swing could (out of the Ruby box) be used from the (C)Ruby
world!

If one of the two previous universal solutions would provide,
it would help to promote the use of Ruby as standard Gui scripting
solution.

> > For example, HBox/VBox(?) like widget are included
> in a example 'tkalignbox.rb' on 'ext/tk/sample' directory.

-- Maurice