* Damjan Rems <d_rems / yahoo.com> [2008-12-02 16:31:25 +0900]:

> David Dennis wrote:
>
> It is not impossible but it is unfortunate litle more complicated. With
> windows you already get compiled binary needed for sqlite3-ruby to work.
>
> With Linux binary has to be compiled for your distribution and here it
> is almost essential that you have admin rights.

 Maybe it is not necessary to have admin rights. I did this on a machine
that I did not have admin rights. Basically I compiled sqlite3
after changing prefix to point to a directory of my choice.

Second I installed ruby and ruby gems in my local
directory, instead of system-wide location.

I don't remember the exact steps, but once the above two steps are done,
you have a lot of control on where the gems compile and so on and it
should be possible to get the sqlite3-ruby compiled in your own
directory.

hope this helps,

saji
--
Saji N. Hameed

APEC Climate Center          				+82 51 668 7470
National Pension Corporation Busan Building 12F
Yeonsan 2-dong, Yeonje-gu, BUSAN 611705			saji / apcc21.net
KOREA