On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Manish Kalra <manishkalra2002 / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie in Ruby. Its very interesting language. Now, my problem is
> with the below code.
>
> require 'rubygems'
> require 'sqlite3'
> db = SQLite3:atabase.new( "test2.db" )
> db.execute("create table t1 (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,data TEXT,num
> double,timeEnter DATE)")
> db.execute( "insert into t1 (data,num) values ('This is sample
> data',3)")
> rows = db.execute( "select * from t1" )
> end
>
> I am receiving this error: "database.rb:7: syntax error, unexpected
> kEND, expecting $end"

This error message is telling you the filename, then the line number
where the error is to be found. It is also telling you that it's a
syntax error, and what kind of syntax error. In this case it found an
unexpected kEND (an END keyword), like the "end" on the last line of
your program. That "end" doesn't match any starting keyword (like
"if", "while", "begin", "def", or "class", to name a few), so it's a
problem. Just remove it. The program will end on its own.

If you need to ensure that the program exits, use Kernel.exit instead.

 -Michael Libby