Sean Russell wrote:

[...good stuff deleted...]

> For example:
>
> FLTK.  Advantages: very small, ported to almost every sort of platform,
> including handheld.  Decent Rubyized API.  Disadvantages: small set of
> widgets, no layout managers, no native L&F.
>
> Qt.  Advantages: ported to almost every sort of platform, including
> handhelds.  Rich widget set.  Decent native L&F support.  Disadvantages:
> rather large, not very Rubyesque API.

For those of you wha are in interested in going one step further with
the comparison of the possible GUIs for Ruby, please feel free to
contribute to the Wiki Page we have started some time ago for the
FreeRIDE project:

http://www.rubyide.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GUIFrameworkProject/GUIComparison

Laurent