I made this application, which might be interesting but also very big
(and only works on linux):

http://keepyourhead.rubyforge.org/

Other examples are on the ruby gnome website:

http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Applications

I liked ruby for developing, but had problems porting the application on
Windows as ruby-gnome2 just crashed ...