Xd Ork wrote:
>   I'm reviewing Ruby if its appropriate for my project. I'm planning to
> port my existing application made from Java to Ruby but before I do that
> I have to check if Ruby have capablities of doing the following:
>
>   1. Connect to different Database.
>   2. Read Database Metadata.
>   3. JDBC like way of communicating with databases.

You can certainly connect to different databases and read metadata. I
have no idea what a "JDBC like way" of communicating with databases
means.

>   I would really appreciate if you can name some APIs and documents that
> may enlighten me with my queries.

http://ar.rubyonrails.com/      [used by Rails]
http://sequel.rubyforge.org/
http://datamapper.org
http://www.nitroproject.org/    [look for og]

Plus you have the lower-level ruby-dbi, and then the low-level APIs for
the native databases (e.g. ruby-oci8 for Oracle)