* Daniel Waite <rabbitblue / gmail.com> [2008-11-26 16:29:01 +0900]:

> Hpricot. The program uses the Daemons gem to break apart into multiple
>
> The program runs fine on Leopard. However, when I run the same program
> on a FreeBSD box with comparable hardware, it drains the life from my
> bandwidth.

 has it anything to do with Daemons? I had a similar issue when running
a program in the background. With Daemons it was using up a 70% of my RAM
for no reason. The same program runs without using much or no resources without
Daemons (require 'daemons').

saji

--
Saji N. Hameed

APEC Climate Center          				+82 51 668 7470
National Pension Corporation Busan Building 12F
Yeonsan 2-dong, Yeonje-gu, BUSAN 611705			saji / apcc21.net
KOREA