-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 18:23:34 +0900
> Von: "Saji N. Hameed" <saji / apcc21.net>
> An: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org
> Betreff: Re: Good math/stats libraries for Ruby?

> > There seem to be lots of small stats/math libraries for Ruby, but none
> > that really dominate in the same way that NumPy/SciPy dominates in
> > Python. Can anyone recommend what are the most reliable and stable? My
> > needs are quite modest--standard deviation and things of that ilk. I can
> > code them up myself if need be, but that would seem to be a waste of
> time
> > if they are already available.
> >

> Ken,
>
> Ruby has NArray -
> http://narray.rubyforge.org/
>
> Ruby GSL may also be of interest to you
>
> http://rb-gsl.rubyforge.org/
>
> If you have interest in gridded data, you may also check out
> http://ruby.gfd-dennou.org/
>
> saji
>

> --
> Saji N. Hameed
>
> APEC Climate Center          				+82 51 668 7470
> National Pension Corporation Busan Building 12F
> Yeonsan 2-dong, Yeonje-gu, BUSAN 611705			saji / apcc21.net
> KOREA

Dear Ken,

in addition to what Saji suggested, you could use the statistics2 package

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/statistics2/

which is a statistics library in pure Ruby, or, if you want extremely exhaustive
statistics, there are bindings to the very encyclopedic R statistical language.

http://www.r-project.org/
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rsruby/

I haven't been able to use the latter bindings with Windows, though.

Best regards,

Axel

--
Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger geh?rt? Der kann`s mit allen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger