> There seem to be lots of small stats/math libraries for Ruby, but none
> that really dominate in the same way that NumPy/SciPy dominates in
> Python. Can anyone recommend what are the most reliable and stable? My
> needs are quite modest--standard deviation and things of that ilk. I can
> code them up myself if need be, but that would seem to be a waste of time
> if they are already available.

Ken,

Ruby has NArray -
http://narray.rubyforge.org/

Ruby GSL may also be of interest to you

http://rb-gsl.rubyforge.org/

If you have interest in gridded data, you may also check out
http://ruby.gfd-dennou.org/

saji

--
Saji N. Hameed

APEC Climate Center          				+82 51 668 7470
National Pension Corporation Busan Building 12F
Yeonsan 2-dong, Yeonje-gu, BUSAN 611705			saji / apcc21.net
KOREA