I am using win os, so the shabang thing isn't an option for me. I put
the script in my ruby bin path, and I can access the script from
anywhere now, but I still have the same problem with the script not
running properly unless i type ruby first. It is as if ruby does not
attempt to read in arguments unless you explicitly pass the script
through ruby. If I call the script with the arguments without putting
'ruby' first, the args don't seem to get read.