equinox <aditya15417 / gmail.com> wrote:

> can someone tell me what's wrong with this method??
>
> http://pastie.org/322677
>
> after that FRIENDS I print I want to iterate over the hash that I have
> and print the key, value of each separated by a "/"

Your pastie consists of a two-line method definition, to_out().

The first line of to_out() is valid but does nothing; it defines a
literal string whose value is then thrown away.

The second line will not compile because it tries to combine the "do"
form of a block with the curly-braces ({}) form of a block. Pick one or
the other. For example, delete "do".

The second line will then work (well, it will do *something*, though
what it does is pretty weird-looking) provided you have a @friends hash.
There is no indication in your pastie to tell whether you do or you
don't.

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt / tidbits.com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt/