Diego Virasoro wrote:
> On 23 Nov, 07:17, Suraj Kurapati <s... / gna.org> wrote:
>> erbook : write books and documents in eRuby
>>
>> erbook is an extensible document processor that emits XHTML
>> (web page), LaTeX (PDF), man (UNIX manual page), plain text,
>> and any document format you can imagine from eRuby templates
>> that allow scripting and dynamic content generation.
>>
> I am sorry, I don't want to sound argumentative but
> when are you going to be able to emit LaTeX?

It depends really, as I have other open source projects to tend to and
ups-and-downs in motivation to deal with. ;-)

> It's version 5.0 already,

The version numbers do not indicate the completeness of the project, but
rather the magnitude of change between versions[1].

> and since the beginning LaTeX support was supposed
> to be there. In fact you even advertise it here.

Good point.  When I started this project, my intention was to describe
what the completed project would be like in the description.

I will update the project description to clarify what functionality is
present now, and what is planned for the future.

> However from your website I gather you haven't even started on LaTeX support.

True.  I just haven't had the developer's itch to be motivated enough to
work on the LaTeX format yet.

I hoped that, by explaining how erbook works[2] and providing examples
of how to create a custom format[3] in the user manual, someone who had
the developer's itch would begin the LaTeX format and contribute
patches.

> (to be honest I've been quite interested in this project, but so far
> every version falls short of what I need)

erbook is an open source project after all...  please don't forget that
I'm doing this in my free time, for the benefit of humankind.  :-)

Thanks for your consideration.

[1]: http://snk.tuxfamily.org/lib/erbook/#Version-numbers
[2]: http://snk.tuxfamily.org/lib/erbook/#Theory-of-operation
[3]: http://snk.tuxfamily.org/lib/erbook/#HelloWorld