Hi,

In <dbc50453-da74-4c26-bec4-e0c78a3a7231 / 3g2000yqs.googlegroups.com>
  "Ruby and SVG" on Sun, 23 Nov 2008 19:25:46 +0900,
  RolfK <Rolf.Kemper / eu.necel.com> wrote:

> I'm an absolutely beginner to Ruby.
> But, besides the language itself (which seems quite interesting to
> me ) it is importnat  to find out what support is available for XML
> and in particular for SVG. I served a bit around "Ruby SVG" and my
> impression is that there is maybe no active development.
>
> I have to create a lot of technical drawings and charts.
> Another point is the renderer and may be in addition an interactive
> canvas.
>
> Can anybody feedback some comment on this.

You can use rcairo that is the Ruby bindings for cairo to
output SVG.

  rcairo: http://cairo.rubyforge.org/
  cairo: http://cairographics.org/

You can use Ruby/RSVG that is the Ruby bindings for librsvg
to render SVG:

  Ruby/RSVG: http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Ruby%2FRSVG
  librsvg: http://librsvg.sourceforge.net/
           (News in the page is outdated.)