Zhao Yi wrote:
> I created a database in my rails project and want to set default value
> for each column. I have read the self.up method of the file
> db\migrate\20081123094926_create_bay_infos.rb and thought that this is
> where I need to modify. But I don't know how to do this.

http://ar.rubyonrails.com/

Scroll down to "migrations", click "learn more"

Search for :default to see some examples

Note that Rails questions are best asked on a Rails mailing list or
group. This list is focussed on the Ruby programming language, not Rails
(which is an application/framework written *in* Ruby)