Daniel Miessler wrote:
> The problem is that I keep getting a redirect
> (#<Net::HTTPMovedPermanently:0xb7c35ffc>), which doesn't happen when I
> make the request from a regular browser.
>
> So I sniffed the regular request with wireshark, and a browser sends a
> bunch of additional headers when it makes the request. Cookies,
> referrer, etc.
>
> Are any of these headers more necessary than others, and is there a
> preferred way to send the headers using Ruby?

We have had similar issues where we didn't see a redirect when sniffing
the browser but it happened for our code. The reason was HTTP/1.1.
With HTTP/1.1 it is required to specify the host you expect to be
talking with (as more than one virtual host may be serviced by one
server):
  GET / HTTP/1.1
  Host: www.apache.org
(see http://www.apacheweek.com/features/http11 for reference)

Hope that helps in avoiding the redirect ;-)

Uwe