Hi list

This problem is so above me my head is swimming.

I have a forum software that recently changed the way passwords were
stored. I use a ruby script to update the user table when the user
changes the password but my script no longer works so I hope someone
here can help or point me in the right direction.

The forum now uses this format for storing passwords md5(md5(PASSWORD) .
salt) where previously it was md5(PASSWORD) which was pretty easy to
deal with.

This is what I used before:

require 'cgi'
cgi = CGI.new
require 'digest/md5'
user_pwd = hash_class.hexdigest("#{password}")
end

Like I said I hope someone has an idea or solution.

Thanks in advance,
Peter