On Nov 20, 2:32  ᮮ
wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 12:26:15PM +0900, Luis Lavena wrote:
> > On Nov 20, 12:11    쮮
> > > Hi Luis,

> > > That certainly gives me a more informed appreciation for just how much we,
> > > I, owe you.      > > > users of Ruby wouldn't be.
> > > continued efforts.   >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Bill
>
> > Thank you Bill and Tim for your kind words.
>
> > None of this will be possible without Curt Hibbs and Andy Hunt work
> > all these years, I'm just doing maintenance :-)
>
> > I believe Ruby on Windows has much more potential than the continuous
> > ranting from Linux or OSX developers and their arguments about it.
>
> > Whatever can be done to ease the path of transition, integration and
> > co-existance, I'll go for it, that's my objective (besides trying to
> > conquer the world, of course).
>
> Actually.......
>
> What I would really like is a service where I can upload a gem, it will
> unpack the gem, then run the tests under windows.

There was Fire brigade:

http://eigenclass.org/hiki/firebrigade-launched

But looks no more operational.

> I have my windows-less cross compilation working like a charm, but the
> only thing keeping me from frolicking in a a windows-free world is makingure
> my tests work.

WINE is not a option for you? it could let you run the tests/specs as
Windows.

> Even if the server made strict assumptions like 'rake test' runs the
> tests, that would be perfect (as long as I knew the assumptions ;-).

I'll like that too, cross platform CI sounds interesting, maybe a
company will like to sponsor that? I know there is run.code.run, but
is not cross platform and is not distributed.

http://runcoderun.com/

--
Luis Lavena