I believe it is planned, but I don't know the status. NB 6.5 largely
focused on bringing the set of features Ruby had in 6.1 up to speed on
other languages (Python, Groovy, JS). I expect that with that out of the
way, they'll all start getting additional new features at the same rate.

FWIW, NetBeans 6.5 is out as of yesterday. Very nice so far.