On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 12:26:15PM +0900, Luis Lavena wrote:
> On Nov 20, 12:11?am, Bill Walton <bill.wal... / charter.net> wrote:
> > Hi Luis,
> >
> > Luis Lavena wrote:
> > > First I'll like to explain why this took so long:
> >
> > That certainly gives me a more informed appreciation for just how much we,
> > I, owe you. ?Without the work you've done, Luis, most current Windows-based
> > users of Ruby wouldn't be. ?Me included. ?Thank you very much for your
> > continued efforts. ?I, and many others, are grateful.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Bill
>
> Thank you Bill and Tim for your kind words.
>
> None of this will be possible without Curt Hibbs and Andy Hunt work
> all these years, I'm just doing maintenance :-)
>
> I believe Ruby on Windows has much more potential than the continuous
> ranting from Linux or OSX developers and their arguments about it.
>
> Whatever can be done to ease the path of transition, integration and
> co-existance, I'll go for it, that's my objective (besides trying to
> conquer the world, of course).

Actually.......

What I would really like is a service where I can upload a gem, it will
unpack the gem, then run the tests under windows.

I have my windows-less cross compilation working like a charm, but the
only thing keeping me from frolicking in a a windows-free world is making sure
my tests work.

Even if the server made strict assumptions like 'rake test' runs the
tests, that would be perfect (as long as I knew the assumptions ;-).

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/