I think it would be nice to have one or two alternate behaviors
how 'Find' will process a tree of files and directories.  Right
now, for any directory in that tree it will process the entries
in that directory in the order they are found.  Eg:
     somedir
     somedir/afile
     somedir/subdir
     somedir/subdir/bfile
     somedir/cfile
     somedir/otherdir
     somedir/otherdir/dfile
     somedir/efile

I think that in some cases it would be useful if you could tell it
"process all non-directories first", or "process all directories
first".  Those options would result in:
     somedir
     somedir/afile
     somedir/cfile
     somedir/efile
     somedir/subdir
     somedir/subdir/bfile
     somedir/otherdir
     somedir/otherdir/dfile
and
     somedir
     somedir/subdir
     somedir/subdir/bfile
     somedir/otherdir
     somedir/otherdir/dfile
     somedir/afile
     somedir/cfile
     somedir/efile
or maybe the "depth-first" style of:
     somedir/subdir/bfile
     somedir/subdir
     somedir/otherdir/dfile
     somedir/otherdir
     somedir/afile
     somedir/cfile
     somedir/efile
     somedir

I've seen some messages about ways to get ruby to do the depth-first
trick, but I do not remember those as being options to 'Find', which
seems to me to be the logical place to have the option.

I realize the current behavior is the optimal behavior, as far as
performance of 'Find' is concerned, but there are times when the other
behaviors are preferable.

disclaimer: I'm still pretty new to ruby, so apologies if I have
just missed something obvious, or if I'm repeating something which
has been said several times before!

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad / eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad / freebsd.org