--DocE+STaALJfprDB

* Robert Dober <robert.dober / gmail.com> [2008-11-19 08:10:11 +0900]:

> Hi all,
>
> I just stumbled above XRuby http://xruby.com/default.aspx.
> I played around a little with quite some metaprogramming tricks, but I
> could not make it fail.
> I was quite surprised, to find a working? Ruby implementation I have
> never heard of before.
> Any thoughts, pointers, reviews would be appreciated.

XRuby was started by yawl and continued by dreamhead at about the same
time JRuby created, but JRuby had only an interpreter then (I think) when XRuby released its ruby to java bytecode compiler.

Then Sun and ThoughtWorks came. With Sun's support JRuby
became more and more usable and popluar; After dreamhead join
ThoughtWorks the development of XRuby nearly stopped, as you can see on
http://code.google.com/p/xruby/source/list

	-- Jan

--
jan=callcc{|jan|jan};jan.call(jan)