Rockydd wrote:
> guys, I didn't find the schedule in the official site.

There is no schedule yet.

Patience, my friend. Ruby 1.9 hasn't even been released yet!

If I had to guess, I would say: Ruby 1.9 is currently planned to be
released at the end of January 2009. As soon as the general public
gets their hands on Ruby 1.9, there's likely to be a number of
problems that need to be ironed out in subsequent minor releases,
which is going to take something between a couple of months and a
couple of years.

After that, the next step is the ISO specification of Ruby. This is
likely to take another couple of years.

Only then is work on Ruby 2.0 going to *start*. Ruby 2.0 is a *very*
ambitious project, so it is probably going to take several years to
complete. (Ruby 1.8 to Ruby 1.9 took 5.5 years, but Ruby 1.9 is not
nearly as ambitious as Ruby 2.0.)

So, my completely un-educated guess, pulled out of thin air, would be
that Ruby 2.0 is going to be released sometime in this century, but
not before 2013.

jwm