cix wrote:

>> maybe the upcoming Gtk 2.0 would be worth considering because AFAIK it
>> supports all the stuff I mentioned above.

Does GTK provide an embedded toolkit?  Qt and FLTK are both supported on a
number of handhelds, and if we're interested in Ruby on handhelds, this
should be a consideration.

> Is this the right place for a vote on this issue? Just to know what the
> folks want?

I don't know if this a "voting" issue at the moment.  More of a discussion.
Matz hasn't expressed any opinion on the matter, and may not be at all
interested in the topic.  If it ever comes down to a vote thing, it'll make
it into the RCR.

--
--- SER