Chad Perrin [2008-11-16 02:38]:
> Actually, that looks pretty good, all things considered.  I
> didn't realize the IO#gets would increment the line number of the
> file so the each_line iterator would start on the second line.
maybe i should have said "throw away first line" in the comment? ;-)
because that's just what it does. but james already gave a fine
explanation.

and wrt tim's comment: since we're using IO#gets there's no need to
check for empty files. with IO#readline it's another matter. but why
bother? did you (tim) have something else in mind?

> If that's how it works, I'm home free.
great!

> Thank you for your help.
you're welcome.